Price record high; 2020 was ‘The Turning Point’
July 16th, 2021
- Our 2020 Annual Report is out! The title is ‘The Turning Point’. We wanted to give an optimistic view from last year & you don’t have to look far to find one.
- The palm oil price surprised everyone in 2020. After years of weakness the price turned around & surged in the second half.
- Now we’re at a record high.
- Every year at the front of the annual report, there are tables of data, including our selling prices.
- If you go back to the 2010 report, you can get the 2009 average selling price which was 6.1 million rupiah… prices climbed up to 2014 when the price reached 8.2 million.
- Then the price declined back to 6.5 million in 2019.
- The fortunes of BWPT followed with investors becoming increasingly excited about the industry up to 2014.
- Then from 2014 the interest declined again as the price fell back. The 2020 ‘turning point’ is working out very well so far. This week the price has reached almost 12 million rupiah!
- It’s time for ‘the turning point’ in interest in the shares.